During this time of the year, most real estate agents who are goal oriented
are planning for the following year and reflecting on the old year. As I was
doing my time of reflecting, I thought about some of the actions from some
real estate agents in 2017. I’m sure this wasn’t the first year but I thought
I would expose some of the bad habits. If you are a new agent, try
to develop some great habits from the start.
We are true professionals and we do make a decent living. We can’t get too
lazy where we stop treating our business like a business and value our
Here are My Highlights on The
Bad Habits From Real Estate Agents in 2017:
- Getting paid your commission and not setting aside money for taxes.
- Stop Learning.
- Working 24/7 and not taking care of your health.
- Be on Social Media clicking likes all day.
- Too busy to call other agents back.
- Have your assistant lie and say they are you to show properties.
- Let others use your multiple listing service (MLS).
- Send a contract to be signed electronically and tell the client to sign without explaining what they are signing.
- Having a website and have not updated the website since 2013.
- Get leads and count it as a bad lead without following up.
- Give your clients the lockbox code where they go see the properties without you being present.
- Not going to a closing and telling your client to bring your commission check.
Dr. Karen Jones Lewis, Real Estate Broker
“The Doc in Real Estate”
K1 Realty Group